Last month I decided to try something new. I wanted to try a new recipe and wanted to see if it was easy to make and man was it! I used my mom’s immersion blender and it was so easy to make. I will say when I move out of their house, I will be purchasing one for our house. I want the Kitchen aid One that is like sky blue color. It’s absolutely beautiful!
So this recipe was so easy to make and I wanted to share it with you. The original recipe I found on Pinterest and I was so glad that I made it. I should have followed the recipe a little closer as my egg wasn’t room temp and neither was my mustard. But either way it turned out really good. Next time I might even add a little garlic to the mix to give it some extra flavor to it! Either way it’s so easy to make and it’s so good too. I used avocado oil and really think it tastes better than the store bought. I have been looking for products that have been preservative free because of my allergies and this mayo works for me! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup of Avocado Oil
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard at room temp
- 1 tsp of water (I used cold water)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Pour the avocado oil into a large jar.
- Add the egg to the jar.
- Add the mustard, water and lemon juice into the jar next.
- Let the ingredients settle for about a minute (I let it settle for about 2 minutes as I was cleaning up).
- Take the immersion blender and place into the jar.
- Turn the blender on and very slowly move the blender to the top of the jar. Continue to do this until all the ingredients are mixed together. Make sure not to go fast though this is very important not to forget!!!!
- Then either place into a different jar or add a lid to the jar that you have mixed the mayo in and place into the fridge.
- Store for up to 10 days in an airtight container!