Since getting the Instant Pot, I have tried all sorts of recipes and have fallen more in love with using my Instant Pot more each week! I have come up with this recipe and found it to be a new favorite in our home! Even the pickiest eater of mine loves it!!
- Cut up chicken or leg quarters
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Seasoning you’d like to use (I used Lawry’s Seasoning Salt & pepper)
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Turn instant pot onto Sauté and add garlic and olive oil (I didn’t measure but I want to say I added about 2 tbsp or so in).
- Season your chicken and place skin side down into your instant pot. I was able to place about 3 pieces each time.
- Flip over and let brown for a bit that way. Then I took out and placed into a bowl and repeated until all my chicken was finished browning.
- Once you have browned all the chicken, add 1 cup of water into the pan, put back on sauté and washed away the brown on the pan, tossed out and added pot back into the instant pot.
- Add the trivet, spray a little Pam to help allow the chicken not to stick.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock into the pan and place the chicken into the pot. Like so:
- Place the lid back onto the pot and make sure it is closed. Also please make sure that it is not venting so you can the build pressure up in your pot!
- Turn your instant pot onto manual, high pressure for 30 minutes and let cook.
- Once finished allow the chicken to sit for another 10 minutes or so, do a quick release then.
- Open your Instant pot and your chicken should be cooked all the way through, yet so tender and juicy that it should be fall off the bone!
- Enjoy with a good side or two and enjoy your dinner!
I hope that you all will enjoy this recipe as much as we have enjoyed it ourselves!!!