I can’t explain to you on how excited I am to be able to go to Medieval Times with my family. We have been to a few other places like it but I have always wanted to go to Medieval Times while staying in Myrtle Beach, SC. Right now they are having a pretty good special offer is adults $36.95 and children (12 and under) $29.95 with the code MT3629 through 2/28/17. The webpage for the offer is http://www.medievaltimes.com/plan-your-trip/special-offers/us-family-guide-blogger-coupon-mt3629.html.
I can’t wait to try out the amazing food I have heard so many people talk about. And I’m just excited in general because Olivia said it was like we were going to the Renaissance festival which she loved! Here is a little more about what to expect from a show at Medieval Times in Myrtle Beach, SC:
All Knights begin their training as Squires – just as they did in the Middle Ages – learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
* Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
* Every shield must be repainted after every show.
* When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
* Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
* Our horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
* 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
* 400,000 gallons of Pepsi are consumed each year.
* Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand – about the load of 10 dump trucks.
* Medieval Times is the #1 breeder of pure Spanish horses in North America.
(More information about our horses: http://www.medievaltimes.com/about-the-show/the-horses.html)
I will be posting and tweeting when we go as a family and it should be really fun! So keep up with what is going on with us via twitter!