I remember when I was pregnant that it was a little hard coming up with ideas for a cool baby shower. I personally didn’t have a big one but I have been to several that have been awesome and I even helped plan some too. Over on Twittermoms.com women were asked to share Ten Tips for Planning a Unique Baby Shower and these are a few that I have come up with that I have either used or want to use in the future.
- Have it at a place that would be a fun venue that is large enough for all of your guests to enjoy.
- Give enough time for the guests to have time to make plans to come and enjoy your shower.
- Instead of using regular invitations why not use some kind of homemade card or order some very unique different invitations online like using Tiny Prints baby shower invitations.
- As one of the games you could have a scavenger hunt to find all the items that you will be needing for the next game that you will be playing.
- Some of the foods that you can have to have would be baby carrots, baby broccoli, little pigs in a blanket and baby cupcakes.
- Now I know some women love to play games and some of them have to be disgusting so why not get some kind of paste and stick it into several different diapers that have nasty smells to them and you will have to guess what they are. Oh that one is so nasty but so much fun to do.
- Another great thing that you can do is why not plan to have goodies for your guests to go home with like maybe something that has the date of the baby shower on it like glasses, candles or a koozie.
- I remember going to one baby shower to where they had so many balloons that were shaped into a giant heart. It was really cool because it meant that the baby was coming into a nice loving home.
- Another plan that you would want to have is have a photographer to come take pictures of the shower. Not a lot of people have thought to do this but I think that it would add a touch of personality to the party because we all want to have pictures to share of this happy occasion.
- And last but not least….Just have fun!!! Planning Baby Showers can be stressful and they don’t have to be! Why not just sit back, relax and enjoy planning one for either yourself, a family member or a friend. This is a happy time and you should be rejoicing with the person who is having the baby!!!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 Tiny Prints Gift Code plus 25 FREE Tiny Prints Greeting cards (valued at $149.75). For more information on how you can participate, click here.”